ok, there are very few rules on this game (writing prompt) for tuesday ten --
a new challenge will be issued each tuesday morning.
answer or list your 10 things from that week's prompt and post them to the group before the following monday night at 11:59 p.m. CST.
you can choose to do these or not, but there are several positive outcomes --
* you have something fun to write about
* it should be fairly quick and easy
* you have no commitment to make -- participate only when it strikes your mood or interest
* you have a specific topic to focus on
* you have 7 full days to get it done
* it might give you the motivation to write more regularly
* it might inspire you w/ an idea to write something else about
* there are NO wrong answers!
* it helps us in getting to know each other and for new members to get to know us
* you might want to print it out or write it out in your journal, too
* it provides you a post to publish on your blog AND to the bluehaze group.
* it makes great fun to go back and look at later in life
* it keeps your brain thinking and remembering, so you should remember things longer later in life based on how much time you spend remembering
* it can cause you to remember details or times in life that you had already forgotten
* it's a challenge to provoke your mind and spend some time remembering
* your children would probably LOVE to come across these lists of things you loved/liked or hated/disliked in your life now at some point later in life
* it encourages critical thinking skills and decision making processes
i'm sure there are more reasons than i listed, but what makes it work for me is that it is short, it gives me something to think about when i have free mind time, and i think it's something my kids will really enjoy when they are older and/or i'm already gone from life.
i decided for myself, that i'm going to do the 10 advertisements that i love watching the most, too. see? this tuesday ten has already tricked me into writing more!
have fun, get creative, and get busy! remember, we all were promising to do more artwork and more journaling this year. we also said that we would hold each other accountable in accomplishing that goal (in a good way, of course!)
i will randomly send out a little something in the mail to someone who posted that week. i'll change it up, though, so you won't know how i'm picking the winner until after you all have posted your list of 10. that doesn't mean you have to participate -- it just means that you can only get the prize for that week if you were participating in that week.
have fun w/ it and feel free to comment on each other's list. i'm sure we'll find a scenario where something someone loves is something someone else hates.
please be respectful when responding. also remember, the majority of people love to have feedback, critique, or questions on their posts.
i reserve the right (as group owner and moderator) to change and/or amend the "rules" if we have problems w/ member interactions or as necessary.
thank you all! i'll be looking for your post!!!